Our Team

Our Team
Katarina, Roland, Audra, and Rochelle

Who we are?

Roland, Rochelle, Katarina, and Audra...four Christians who have formed a team to help Haiti. This blog is keeping us in contact with family, friends, and supporters, and, hopefully, with our "blog followers" will help contribute funds to our efforts.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Hi ALL!!

Hey everybody,
My name is Shanna Gidley and i am Katarina's best friend and temporary liason. You see it costs Katarina and the gang money to use the cyber cafe in Haiti, money that when added up can be used for other purposes for the children home. They have to use the cyber cafe because they do not have any electricity most of the time. When they do they choose to charge phones and other various items of the sort. So in light of those facts she is going to let me know what is going on and then I am going to post it on here for all of you to read.
So here it goes, I don't know much because I only got a brief conversation with her today when she actually had service (that's rare you see) and really all she had to tell me is that she has a lot of stories she cannot wait to tell me. When she called she was watching the group playing a basketball game in one of their breaks. Apparently there are no fouls in this kind of basketball, but it also called for a few loud giggles from the other spectators to come through the phone. Other than these very random and rather sporadic breaks they have been non-stop with arrangements for this new children's home and have been up late nights.
Alrighty then well I will have more to tell you at a later date but I just wanted to introduce myself to all you loyal readers!
Shanna

1 comment:

  1. Katarina, you and the team are in our daily prayers. I enjoy the blog - it's helpful in keeping up with your daily work. Keep up the good work!
    Love, Randy Cook

    ReplyDelete