Our Team

Our Team
Katarina, Roland, Audra, and Rochelle

Who we are?

Roland, Rochelle, Katarina, and Audra...four Christians who have formed a team to help Haiti. This blog is keeping us in contact with family, friends, and supporters, and, hopefully, with our "blog followers" will help contribute funds to our efforts.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Return to the States

Well, I finally made it back to the States after a couple pretty confusing and tiring days of travel. I still am planning on keeping the blog up, by posting pictures and telling more stories that happened while in Haiti. Since our work is still progressing with Roland living there for the rest of the year, and our other team members, Rochelle and Audra, arriving in Haiti in the next two weeks, there will still be a lot to talk about. I am also going to set up the blog so Rochelle and Audra can get on and post what is going on.
Again, internet service is "iffy" and slow and it cost money to use it. That is why we are only checking emails and blogging every so often. I actually got into the habit of typing out my blogs and emails on my laptop before I went to the cyber cafe so that I did not have to waste the time on the internet typing everything out. I just copied and pasted to be able to save money and time. We are trying to do everything possible to utilize our resources in the most appropriate and beneficial ways.
It's odd and difficult to transition back into life in the States. Things as simple as showers with running water, electricity, a soft bed, a stove, paved roads, everything seems very odd and almost uncomfortable.
I'm curious as to how long it will take to feel comfortable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment